media production BTEC

Monday 8 December 2014

Street: Humans of New York


Brandon Stanton came to New York after a three-year stint as a bond trader in Chicago. He decided to pursue his passion of photography professionally after he lost his job in 2010. He started to take candid portraits on streets which became a hit on his Facebook page. Brandon is most known for his photo blog Humans of New York (HONY), started in 2010.

“Is that your Rolls Royce?”
“No but I can pretend like I’m getting in.”
"After my last child left the house, it really hit home that at the end of every life is loneliness." 
"If I’m ever arguing with her mom, I just look down and remind myself 
that this beautiful woman gave me this beautiful child. And this 
child doesn’t care who’s right or who’s wrong, all she cares 
about is that mommy and daddy are there."
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© emily turner. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig